We know that going to the dentist isn’t everyone’s favorite activity. Our team will do it’s best to directly address any potential dental anxiety you may have going into an appointment.
The good news for those with dental anxiety is that many dentists feel passionate about helping to reduce the anxiousness that may come with a dental appointment. They get true satisfaction from reducing the anxiety and discomfort of a dental visit. You’ll find us to be calm and flexible as we listen to your concerns and work through ways to make you feel comfortable and confident about receiving dental care at our office.
Dr. Pinson is often described as bubbly and inviting which are great attributes when it comes to being considerate of each patient’s level of potential dental anxiety.
Dental Anxiety Is Normal. We Are Here to Help
If you feel anxious about dental visits, you’re not alone. A 2017 study published in the Journal of Dental Hygiene reported that 19% of participants in the study had moderate to high dental anxiety. And 8% of participants in the study reported missing dental appointments because of anxiety about a dental visit.
We don’t want your dental health to suffer because you are anxious about receiving dental care, which is why Dr. Pinson and her staff provide ways we can reduce the anxiety that may come with a visit to the dentist.
- A warm welcome from our care team starts every visit.
- Our staff works to provide a pleasant atmosphere throughout your time at your appointments, and our multigenerational staff builds strong connections with all our patients to help them feel at ease.
- Our rooms are designed with decor meant to cheer you up and take your mind off a dental procedure that may be worrying you.
- We take the time to explain the procedure and work through your concerns.
- Does the process of numbing the area of your mouth before the procedure cause you stress? We understand, and we work gently to make every part of the dental procedure go as smoothly as possible.
Oral Sedation If Needed
In addition to medication to offset the pain that may come with a procedure, Dr. Pinson can provide oral sedation. This medication can lessen the anxiety you may feel and calm you before and during the procedure. For oral sedation, Dr. Pinson can arrange for you to take it before you come in for your appointment. Because oral sedation lasts several hours, you can start the day of the procedure at ease. But you’ll likely need someone to drive you home afterward. We can discuss these details and more with you at your next appointment.
Tailoring Your Visit to Your Needs
Being relaxed at a dental visit is important to many people, and we’ll make sure you are ready with what you need to experience a pleasant dental visit. As Dr. Pinson says: “If you need to be relaxed during your treatment, we are happy to accommodate. Snoring is the best sound I can ever hear during your treatment. It means you’re comfortable.”
If you have any questions feel free to contact our office via phone, email, or schedule an appointment online.